Wednesday 21 September 2011

Map of Life

I think about the decisions that brought me here,
Like a map in my mind my journey is clear,
Every twist every turn - the path I have travelled
Is a tangle of twine that has now come unravelled
And I pick up a thread like Theseus did,
To go back through the Labyrinth of life I have lived.
I’ve faced the beast and I’ve come through unscathed,
Become a hero and all has been saved.
I returned to applause and mass adoration
And never again will I meet expectation,
The bar I have set – I set it too high,
I’ll not reach it again though I’m sure I’ll get by.
I’ll learn to adjust as the new generation
Maps out a course to their new destination.
And if they need it I’ll be here as their guide
My new mission starts, it’s to stay by their side.

No comments:

Post a Comment