Wednesday 14 September 2011

Inconsequential

I think inconsequential thoughts of no import.
When you speak I try a witty retort.
But my heart isn’t in it,
My head isn’t right,
Scarred from nightmares I screamed through the middle of the night.

I think insignificant feelings towards you,
Though I try my best to make them feel true.
They feel somewhat forced,
Heart and brain are divided,
I’m one dysfunctional organism with parts left unguided.

You cast these irrelevant judgements upon me,
I weighed myself, found wanting, and somewhat agree.
A chasm exists,
Where once was my heart,
And I struggle to remember how it looked at the start.

I have unimportant opinions about us,
Things that I don’t see the need to discuss.
I switch off inside,
Become a machine,
Wait to be dismantled and slowly stripped clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment