Thursday 6 October 2011

Worry

I worry about things that I probably shouldn’t,
About things that other people probably wouldn’t.
About money even though I’ve got quite a good job,
About what sounds more professional, Robert or Rob.
I panic about parties and what I should wear,
The worry about my manliness as I really shouldn’t care.
I worry that hair gel will highlight my bald spot,
That I will never be satisfied with what I have got.
I worry that I’ll continue to strive and to fail,
An automaton reaching for that mythical grail.
But most of all I worry that I’m not good enough,
That I’ll do something stupid and hurt the people I love.
That they’ll look at me and on closer inspection
Will find me wanting and then hand me a rejection,
And I know that it’s just insecurity,
That it’s fear of being lost to obscurity.
That worrying is just like a rocking chair,
It passes the time but I’m getting nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment