Thursday 11 August 2011

Cold Feet, Warm Heart

I lay awake upon my bed, my bones are tired, I ache.
Strange thoughts are running 'round my head, and now I'm cold I shake.
Upon my forehead beads of sweat appear without consent,
I wonder if this is regret, my lids start their descent.
Then fireworks shoot 'cross my eyes and leave me feeling blind
To what is truth what were these lies I've told my fragile mind.
My heart skips beats, I feel such fear, the darkness overwhelms me,
I sit upright, and catch a tear, I rub my eyes to see
An angel lying by my side, her face scarred by a nightmare,
This is my love, my future bride, my tired eyes just stare.
I feel a glow within my breast, at last I feel secure,
I settle down, at last to rest, and know my future's sure.
My path is set and looks so straight, we'll both walk arm in arm,
I'll not get lost or deviate, she makes me feel so calm.
If some time I lose my way she'll take me by the hand,
I know that if I fall someday it's her who'll help me stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment